I wrote an account of my voyage on the mayflower
Asked by wiki @ in English viewed by 169 People
Match the letter of the author with his or her description. Not all letters will be used.
A. William Bradford
B. Captain John Smith
C. Anne Bradstreet
D. Okaudah Equiano
E. Thomas Paine
F. Thomas Jeffereson
1. I wrote an account of my voyage across the sea on the Mayflower.
2. My persuasive writing opposed reconciliation with Great Britain.
3. My writing style includes rhyming couplets.
4. In 1776, when otheres were hesitant, I drafted the grievances of the Colonies.
5. My account of the Middle Passage created a new genre of narratives.
6. The following words share a denotative meaning. Which one has a negative connotation?
7. Read the following Chippewa song. Identify its purpose.
A loom I thought it was
But it was
a. to persuade
b. to inform
c. to express
d. to analyze
8. Which of the following statements about early American and Colonial literature is true?
a. the literature primarily centers on religious theme.
b. the voices of women and minorities are absent from this period.
c. Early american and Colonial literature did not exist before the printing press.
d. Different authors share similar purposes and genres.
9. Which of the following is a primary source form early American and colonial literature?
a. "Religion in the colonies" Discovery Education streaming movie
b. An essay about Olaudah Equiano
c. "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" by Jonathan Edwards
d. the Library of Congress website
10. Which of the following phrases best defines stanza?
a. repeated sounds across lines of poetry
b. a poems cadence, pace, or ongoing momentum
c. a collection of lines in a poem
d. a steady rhyme scheme